Saturday, March 20, 2010

Random Thoughts

I've been reading a lot lately......considering that I have 2 small children and not much time....it's "a lot" to me! :) I've finished Beth Moore's book, "So Long Insecurity" and I've now finished a book by Lysa TerKeurst called, "The Tub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained." I've found the blogs of wonderful Christian writers and speakers at Proverbs 31 Ministries. These Christian women writers are amazing...and it made them think...I used to write...I used to write quite a bit.  My mother has been telling me for 15 years to write a book someday!  Someday....?

And now...I think in the past 5 years...I've written little more than a thank you note or shopping list.  :)  And these women...they have jobs, they have families, they travel the nation as guest speakers, and write books and blogs!   I've been joking that I want to be Beth Moore when I grow up.  But I'd better just be who God created ME to be.  One of the books I've been reading is about Discovering God's Dream for Your Life by Julie Clinton, president of Extraordinary Women.  And its made me think again...   Hum.......who am I?  Who am I that God wants me to be?   

So I've not written a lot lately....but I thought I'd post some old writings and old sermons.  It might spark a new flame, I might inspire myself, and it might give me some fresh perspective on God's dream for me.....His will for my life.  That's always our prayer......some call it a dream; we pray for His will, but I just might understand it as "a calling."  So when I get a chance....HOPEFULLY today...I'll type out my "call story" and about how I ended up in Bolivia.  Stay tuned....you just might laugh...or cry....  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment