Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Genesis 15-18

Okay....here we go! I"m so excited!  I think I laid in bed last night "excited" about this silly blog!  Why????   Weird!   Silly really! :)  

Chapter 15 is God's covenant with Abram...who becomes Abraham by the end of the chapter.  Kinda reminds me of the year in fourth grade when "Harry Carlson" came back to school after summer vacation and was then "Andrew Wassana!"  Hum....just what DID Harry do that summer?!  But...the amazing thing of this chapter is the passing of God between the animal offerings....be sure that when God comes near.....you WILL know it! Don't miss God coming near to you!  

Chapter 16...hum.....Hagar and Ishmael.....I dunno...pretty much says...don't fool around...don't doubt God...above all else....never doubt God's plan....don't get in His way....don't thwart His good works...He does have a plan! But...ooooo...my favorite verse from this chapter is 13:  You are the God who sees me!  Don't ever feel alone....lonely...or inadequate....NO ONE.... NOTHING......will ever know our hearts and souls and minds like God. Thank ya, Jesus! The scripture then says..."I have now seen the One who sees me!"  WOW!!!  How cool is that?!  That's better than a mirror, husband, or best friend that tells you about the tag hanging out of your shirt......

Okay....chapter 17 ......circumcision...OUCH!  Nuff said!   

Chapter 18....3 visitors......basically....this is a ministry of being a servant...that is exactly what Abraham was to those who appeared to him.  He fed them, gave them water, and gave them rest...then, oh so quietly...he stood by, under the tree, waiting to see what else they needed.  And there was Sara....laughing at God because she was OLD (older than even me when having a child!)  ....she laughed at God....laughed because "she was worn out!"  I"m just glad I won't be carrying around baby-babies when I'm 40!  At least by then...the kids will be bigger.    

The end of chapter 18 cracked me up.  Abraham was pleading for God to save Sodom.   It was kinda like having a conversation with JJ.....Abraham said, "well....if there's 50 righteous people will you save them....if there is 45 righteous people.....okay, God what if there is only 30 righteous people....well, then...what about 20??? What about 10??  Yes!  Abraham, YES!!!  If there are only 10!!! I will! I will! I will!  Enough already! ;)  

Bottom line....don't doubt God, look for him to come near...no EXPECT Him to come near...and believe that God will do what He says He will!  :)

Come, Holy Spirit, Come!  

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! I wonder if i'm your only reader who will completely get the harry/andrew thing! :)

    ReplyDelete