Friday, March 27, 2009

Ruth

Day 86
WELL, WELL, WELL..............................I am in Tulsa blogging this morning from my friend's house. We are friends from OSU! We've been the best of friends since we met when we were sophomores and have always stayed in touch!!! Their daughter is even named after me! So the kids are gone to school and Jamie and Russ are at work and tonight and tomorrow I GET TO SCRAPBOOK!!!!!!!!! I drove up last night....took almost 4 hours! Sang the whole way! And I beat the snow storm...might be stuck here but at least I'll get my pictures worked on.
Talked to Dusty this morning.....they have cancelled and closed Elk City and Merritt schools today. He was already up and dressed though by the time they called. Hannalee slept allll night but he was awake every hour listening for her and afraid he'd not hear her. So, they are all camped out at Nana's for the day. They've already had 2" of HAIL!!! He said he'd thought it never stop!! Said if you looked outside you'd think it had already snowed. It stopped and they made it around the corner a 1/4 mile to his folks house to play and hang out for the day. As Dusty put JJ in his truck in the carseat to go JJ said, (sniff, sniff) "I smell sausage daddy!" He was ready to eat at Nana's!!! Yes...I cook sausage sometimes too, but its better at Nana's! :) So I get to scrapbook and school was cancelled anyway for Dusty. Glad I didn't stay home! :)
The book of Ruth: Such a sad story. Such a sweet story. Such a great story about everyday normal life after all of the wars and murders in Judges. The quiet tale of Ruth is a great and strong contrast to those events we've been reading. The story is that of love and sacrifice. Love for family! There is nothing else of importance....love of God and love of family. Finally, a book in the Bible that illustrates normal, daily life and living. Though times around them were tough and trying and people were not keeping the commands of the Lord, there were those faithful few that gives us a glimpse of hope for the Israelites! Can you imagine the 3 women who have lost their husbands and are living in the times where women were wholly dependent on their father and husbands for provision. The 3 women have become powerless....even moreso now that their providers are gone! However, God has special concern for the helpless. God orders our daily lives....even for the unimportant people.
I love the words in 1:16-17 "where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die and there I will be buried!" Sacrifice. Genuine love! Unceasing faith that God will provide......no matter who you are and no matter where you are.
Ruth's life is turned around and is of utmost importance for she in now from the line of David. Descended from Ruth is King David. And from there....our holy and only Messiah!!! Go Ruth!!! :) Gotta love our women of the Bible!! Seek God like Ruth and Naomi. Find peace and purpose in Him.!
Tomorrow: 1 Samuel 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment